Monday, 23 September 2013

Ideas for Reinforcing CVC Words + FB Freebie!

Hi everyone! It's been forever since I posted here - I've been extremely busy with moving house and all. So far I have painted a feature wall in a deep purple color. Photo will be uploaded here once I get a good picture of the paint haha! We're also in the midst of renovating the kitchen. PS: I hate moving! I have moved houses about 4 times in the past 2 years and can't wait to just settle in one place. :)

Here are some updates from the last post (in case you're wondering):
Yoga: have just started doing the 15 minute workouts yesterday (for people who have no time LOL) you can actually find that link on Youtube believe it or not!
Novel: Haven't started Safe Haven yet (novel for Nocholas Sparks) It is - however on my nightstand....waiting. =)
Minimize salt: I managed to cook with less salt - but add more salt to my own plate haha...

Onto this week's topic! - We are on Australian school holidays and I have been working to finish all my lesson plans before I get back in two weeks time. Here is what is in the works, it will be 100+ pages for Kinders and Grade 1 I have used in the past just never completed:

 For a chance to win this mega pack and 3 other new ones I've completed, join the Sea of Knowledge Facebook now! You will get the notification straight away and join the giveaway which I will do in early October. I love Halloween and the reason why I do is included in this unit. Kids don't know the real reason we celebrate Halloween - there is a story to it. =)

Ideas for reinforcing CVC Words

I love using games in class. The reason is, students will be learning without actually knowing that they are - they will be enjoying the process and not dreading the tedious tasks which many textbooks have in place. They are important - although a different take on learning is important to keep minds fresh and upbeat. 

Method 1: Use picture cards with the CVC words on them. As much as you can - reinforce the meanings of these words as well as the spelling.
Here is a great freebie stamping center by Kcalder. The link is right here:

Method 2: Use games. Here is a great freebie board game I researched and used. It can be a great tool for ESL learners. The download is of a game board and then of the word cards. 
The link is right here:

Method 3: Reinforce daily spelling and word activities - give learners a chance to develop these skills at home as well! - Hand out activities for revision (worksheets) or links for parents to use to allow their children to practice at home etc. Learning does not only take place in the classroom! Here are some links to great games:

Method 4: Use take home word puzzles and riddles for students to complete! I have a mini freebie from the unit title CVC 'short a' words 34-page bundle with find-a-word and riddles! The link
to the freebie is right here (click on the fan freebie button and become a fan to get it!):

If you'd like to check out the full unit, it's right here.

Lastly! - I will need two kind volunteers to help me edit my Halloween unit before I post it (I will send it to you in about a week). The good news is you will recieve the full unit free (after proofreading and editing it). The bad news is, it's long and you will need to finish it in two days! hehe
If you'd like to do this, please let me know by leaving your e-mail here and if you have FB to join the Sea of Knowledge - to keep you updated on the process!

Look forward to your comments and e-mails! :)

8 comments:

  1. Great post, Yara!

    If you need someone to help with the editing, let me know! I love Halloween, and I've celebrated it with my class every year since I started teaching. I'd love to help you out.

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns
    stefanie.galvin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Perfect, I have your details and will post it out to you once done. :)

      Thanks again!
      Yara

      Delete
  2. Love your work and ideas!!!
    If you're willing to have me, I will assist in proofreading the unit for you.
    Thanks for the opportunity.

    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roxanne! I have your details and will post it out to you once I'm done. :)
      Thanks again!
      Yara

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to help you proof your unit.
    teachergonedigital @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I chose the first two. I have a lot more coming up! :)

      Cheers
      Yara

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! Can't wait to see the final product :)

    I am your newest follower!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete