Thursday, 5 September 2013

Currently! September :)

Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon the cutest idea to make every month fantastic (and encourage us to achieve 5.6878% of our monthly goals which may consist of endless lists haha)... CURRENTLY :)
I stopped over at Farely's blog and was there for over an hour...just so many ideas and fun! Sooo... I decided to join the fun even... I encourage you to join also! Here blog is called Oh' Boy 4th Grade.

Here is my currently:


Listening: so the computer had to be positioned so close to the TV that I could not only WATCH sports but I can HEAR it ...ALL the time. (note to self: must reposition the computer in the house). My husband is also a member of my blog...so I must try to not knock sports that much lol. I REALLY REALLY tried to watch it (one of the football matches)...I just dozed off BOTH times. I concluded that since it was a physiological response, that my body is allergic to sports. =P

Loving: so I went all out and bought a new work bag to fit ALL of my things that I think I'd need throughout the day - which I only end up using 10% off. I took it to work this week and it was like dragging a house all day. Needless to say, it stayed in the staff room all day and I only looked into it twice ALL up to take out a folder and a a notebook. To sum up...Need new bag...back to square one lol. 

Thinking: ok, I'm in season 7 of the TV show The Office. I love how every episode is a new story line (no matter how pointless it may be), although it's coming to a near end and I am already looking for a new one to get into! Would love any ideas! :D ... (PS: seen Friends, How I met your mother, Two and a half men etc) Still waiting on the new season of How I met your mother. LOVE that show.  

Wanting: ok... so the bag is back on the list (refer to second part: Loving) lol
So, this weekend I will look for a way to color code my lesson plans (after laminating and printing them) all into one folder and specific to grade levels. 

Needing: ok... this might not happen for another few months and even then will be a tiny mini one compared to the major one I just had. WHY WHY did I have to have a long 5 week holiday. It doesn't help keep you happy that you had a LONG one...it'll ONLY make you want more holidays! lol

Heart: need more time with the family! (can't wait for Christmas!) 2. ok so I love salt, is that a crime?!? I recently read up on the long term health effects if you have a lot of salt - did not like the findings. (I even searched several sources just to make sure the findings were correct), unfortunately... salt is bad! Blood pressure and basically linked to every disease you can think of out there. =S
3. I miss yoga! I have been very lazy and since we are phasing into spring in Australia right now... I have no excuse to be LAZY, so next week I will update you on whether I got to do yoga (and a run) at least 3 times a week. :)

Hope you've enjoyed reading this (and that you didn't doze off during the sports paragragh... haha)

Stay tuned! I'm currently completing the last few things for a bundled unit all about professions for grades 1-3. It will be up hopefully in the next week! I'll also be finalizing the 3rd month in K morning work. 

Thank you for reading! :)



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love salt too! I know it's so bad for me but salty foods are my guilty pleasures. Maybe I need to read the same article you did to scare me out of it. :) I've recently started yoga classes at my gym and I love them... although tonight a huge bowl of pasta and a glass of wine won out!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren the article is right here... I don't recommend reading it though, you might question your food every time you sit down to eat haha.. http://www.nature.com/jhh/journal/v16/n4/full/1001374a.html

      I have done Yoga at a gym over a year ago but found that I enjoy it more through youtube or DVDs at home (although that requires much more will power) lol.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your plans will be uber-organized!! If you find a way to grade a stack of papers in 10 minutes, let us know... ;)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL work just started for me and I am counting down the day until we get a holiday. Yay for being your newest follower. Your blog is so cute. Drop by! =)


    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete