Saturday, 20 April 2013

A Reason To Eat Tomatoes Like Chocolate...:)

Did you know that tomatoes are high in carotenoid Lycopene, and that eating foods that are high in carodheufnh..(refer to the word in bold on line one) =P lower your risk of cancer? I stumbled upon this article while reading a magazine article waiting in an endless queue at Kmart - which, mind you only bought a jar of nutella. It was a stressful day ok!? 

Oh, the lengths I would take to get chocolate...mmm I may have a problem! :P

Anyway onto the reason for this post, I wanted to create something educational as well as beneficial. It is important to educate youngsters not only about how important it is to eat vegetables, but also about which ones are the most beneficial and particularily why. These days, it isn't enough to just say to a child, 'eat that banana and then we'll go to the zoo.' I have created a unit with an original early readers book about 6 vegetables and their benefits. It can be used in the second stage of Kindergarten and throughout grade 1. 
It includes literacy and numeracy work suitable to those levels and incorporates the common core standards (American) and the key learning areas (for Australia).
This unit will be released early next week and I will update this post once I do ...and remember that. I actually have a full list of to do's on my calendar on my phone that I think adding one more will go off the screen (bec. I'd have to scroll) and I will miss it! - I'd prefer not to put that in and forget then put it in and forget...Yes, I'm weird haha. 

Now, I stumbled across an awesome teacher who happened to share her desgins generously for free on her blog right here, Teaching Power Supply. The link to the freebie is on the image below, and this is what you'll get!

How awesome is that!?:)

And onto my little freebie and I hope that makes your day just as the one above. =P It is a short 2-page handwriting and vocabulary practise for basic vegetables. 


I hope you've enjoyed this post and will check in with you soon! I love hearing your comments

I shall get back to my jar of Nutella. :)
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing resource to give away - thanks for this generous gift

    ReplyDelete