Tuesday, 11 December 2012

"Be the Teacher" Class Activity Idea!


 Often times the students feel lethargic and tired by the end of the day - and not to mention how much the teacher's vocal chords are needing the time out! :P
This activity will help reinforce grammatical strategies as well as get the class talking - and add a little competitiveness and screaming to the mix if your class thrives on competition!

Firstly, write out a few sentences for each group on the board, observe below:

Have a look at the example below. Then ask the students to talk amongst their groups about how to correct the errors in each sentence. (In a low voice)!
Then one by one, students will come up to the board and correct each sentence.
This activity really enhanced my students' skills of 'attention to detail' - because later on, I made a mistake on the board and they noticed it! Ha! Talk about 'being the teacher'! :P

Hope you enjoyed this post, would love to hear your comments if you've used this or anything similar in your classroom!
Always on the prowl for ideas. :)



4 comments:

  1. I like this idea! By the end of the day, I am worn out! I'll try this next week!
    Merry Christmas & your blog looks fantastic!
    I'm follower #11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you! It's a great way to review concepts and the kids will love writing on the board! :P
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! The kiddos always love to pretend being us...and they are usually very good at copying us!!! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Heather!! Your blog looks fantastic, just followed you. :)

    ReplyDelete